REPOSTED DIRECTLY FROM INMAN NEWS. THIS CONTENT HAS NOT BEEN MODERATED BY WFG NATIONAL TITLE.
The agenda for next month’s joint workshop on competition from the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is now live and will features panel discussions with industry leaders like Redfin CEO Glenn Kelman, Zillow CFO Kathleen Philips, Purplebricks CEO Eric Eckardt and Trelora CEO Joshua Hunt.
The event is set to be held on June 5 at 9 a.m., at the FTC’s Constitution Center Auditorium, 400 7th St., SW, Washington, DC. It will also be streamed live on the FTC’s website.
The real estate industry is rapidly evolving, especially with the influence of new technology, so the workshop will focus on new developments that have taken place in the industry since DOJ and FTC released a joint report on competition in the real estate brokerage industry in 2007.
FTC Commissioner Joseph J. Simons will kick the meeting off at 9 a.m., followed by Inman’s own founder and chairman Brad Inman from 9:15-9:30.
There will be three panels throughout the day, featuring a number of academics, consumer advocates, data standards experts, real estate brokers, and experts on multiple listing services.
In the panel discussions, the agencies will explore, “technological developments, the availability of listings data, and the evolution of the consumer experience in real estate transactions; developments in real estate brokerage fee and service models; and regulatory and industry factors affecting residential real estate brokerage competition,” according to the release.
The full list of panelists and moderators is:
- Luke Glass, Realtor.com EVP of Industry Platforms.
- Glenn Kelman, Redfin CEO.
- Kathleen Philips, Zillow Group chief financial officer and chief legal officer.
- Simon Chen, ERA Franchise Systems president and CEO.
- Eric Eckardt, Purplebricks CEO.
- Khalil Alexander El-Ghoul, Glass House Real Estate principal broker.
- Joshua Hunt, Trelora CEO.
- Dr. Panle Jia Barwick, Cornell University associate professor of economics.
- Stephen Brobeck, Consumer Federation of America executive director.
- Katie Johnson, National Association of Realtors general counsel and senior vice president.
- Brian Larson, Texas A&M University School of Law associate professor of law, Larson Skinner PLLC counsel.
- Art Carter, California Regional Multiple Listing Service CEO and Real Estate Standards Organization Board of Directors chairman.
Attendance is free and seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Attendees should bring a government issued identification to gain admittance.
The views and opinions of authors expressed in this publication do not necessarily state or reflect those of WFG National Title, its affiliated companies, or their respective management or personnel.