Williston Financial Group seeks an experienced Purchasing Manager to join our team. The Purchasing Manager will negotiate with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, equipment and services used by WFG and will establish purchasing department processes and procedures and ensure compliance with processes. Additional consideration will be given to candidates with title and escrow industry experience
- Negotiates with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee
- Develops specifications and requires analysis to balance the value of competing bids
- Purchases materials, parts, supplies, and equipment following established purchasing policies and procedures and optimizes price, delivery, and terms; purchases complex items where detailed specification and industry regulations are involved
- Create Purchasing Website for both internal and external use
- Develop tracking methods when follow-up is required
- Establishes Purchasing Policies and ensure compliance
- Develop a Corporate Purchasing Card program
- Develops new supply sources where vendors are inadequate
- Examines bids from vendors and makes awards
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors cost during the time period.
- Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers
- Works closely with the Accounting group
- Complies with corporate guidelines on business ethics
- Executes administrative duties as required
- Working knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures is preferred
- Extensive knowledge and ability to negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements
- 2-5 years purchasing experience
- Bachelor Degree, in a business related area and or equivalent work experience
- Proven negotiating skills
- Proven ability to learn new software is required
- Self starter with an ability to work independently
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio
- Organizational skills for efficient office control are mandatory
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Posses solid decision making skills
- Must be a team player and willing to roll up their sleeves and help in any and all jobs and capacities.
- Must have good people skills to engage and sell tool
- Must be proactive, have initiative and a self managed person
- Must have business qualities and experience to budget and project Purchasing Business Unit
WFG provides an outstanding total compensation package, including eligible employee medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) plans. If you have the background and integrity we require, and are seeking a challenging opportunity, please apply.
To apply please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No Phone calls and no recruiters please.
Williston Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer.